Above: my lamb meatball dish using this recipe
One of my favourite recipes, this dish is great to have during the week or even cook for friends. If
cooking for 2 people, then I always cook the meal for 4, then freeze half the meatballs in the sauce - making it a quick ready meal for during the working week.
Here is the ingredients and recipe for this dish - as you can see it's very straightforward and easy for anyone to cook!
This recipe serves 4 people, and takes roughly 45 minutes (including preparation).
2 tsp olive oil
250g lamb mince meat
1 tbsp dried mixed herbs
1 tbsp dried rosemary
400g pasta, cooked, to serve
For the sauce:
4 onions, finely sliced
4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary leaves
(could be dried rosemary)
If fresh, leave extra to sprinkle,
shown in the picture
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
1. To make the meatballs, mix minced meat with dried herbs (rosemary and mixed herbs) in a mixing bowl. Shape into 12 meatballs.
2. Heat 1tsp of olive oil in a large frying pan. Add meatballs and cook until browned on each side. Remove from pan.
3. Top onions into the pan along with the remaining oil. Cook for 10-15 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and rosemary and cook for an extra 2 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and then add the meatballs back into the frying pan. Simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the meatballs are cooked through.
5. Season with black pepper and serve with pasta. Sprinkle with remaining rosemary.
There are approximately 311 calories per serving, so it's not too bad for you either! I always buy lean minced meat in order to ensure it's as healthy as possible.
An alternate method would be to use beef minced meat, and replace the rosemary with basil.