Steak Diane is my absolute favourite meal at the minute, and this recipe is actually from one of my friends that I asked for after she cooked it for me, and since then I can't stop cooking it!
This recipe serves 2 people.
- Sirlion steak x2
- Chopped mushrooms
- Chopped red onions
- Double cream
- Djorn mustard
- Tarragon herbs
- Garlic granules
I served the meal with new potatoes with butter, and peas.
1. Fry some oil in a pan until hot, then add the mushrooms and onions. Fry until soft.
2. Add the steak, and depending on the size and how well done you would like the steak, cook for around 1-2 minutes, then flip over and spoon some mustard onto the cooked side. After another 1-2 minutes, flip over and add mustard to the other side.
3. Add the cream (as much or as little as you like - I like to add a lot as I love the sauce).
4. Leave to cook for around 3 minutes on each side. Again, timing really depends on how well done you like your steak to be. I like mine medium-well done, therefore that's what these timings are for.
5. Towards the end, add the garlic granules and tarrogon. If using fresh garlic, I'd reccommend adding this at the start along with the mushrooms and onions to ensure it doesn't overpower the other ingredients.
6. Serve, and enjoy!