As mentioned in my last blog post, I am really into omelettes at the minute and promised my recipe - so here it is! I actually haven't tried mixing up any different flavours because I just love this one so much and don't want to ruin it! Although the picture isn't the best (it's a bit dark), it really does taste great.
This recipe is for 1 omelette.
- 2-3 eggs (depending how hungry you are!)
- Chopped mushrooms
- Chopped red onion
- Garlic granules
- Grated cheddar cheese (I use strong for added flavour)
- Mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper
1. Fry the mushrooms and onions until cooked. Whilst doing this, beat the eggs until fully mixed.
2. Heat up oil in a large frying pan, then when hot add the eggs and cook until the edges have hardened and the bottom is cooked, but the centre is still slightly soft - you can usually tell when the base has cooked as it slides around the pan. Whilst waiting for this (it will only take a 30 seconds or so), mix the onions and mushrooms together in a bowl with the cheese.
3. Add the mixture into the centre of the omelette and keep cooking for a further 30 seconds. Add the herbs, garlic, salt and pepper, Press down the omelette to cook a little faster.
4. When the omelette is getting less runny on top, fold over in half and press down again. Cook for about 30 more seconds.
5. Add salt and pepper if desired, then enjoy!
If you prefer a Spanish omelette, then you can see my delicious recipe for that by clicking here.